Why I Ditched My Purchased Domain Name and Returned to Free Blogger

what to do when you feel stuck - an image of a one way sign
source: canva.com

 

It's been a while since I've let out my inner voice. 

To just write. 

Write. 

Irregardless of readership, of SEO. 

What do I need SEO for, anyway? I am not a business. 

I started this blog, never as a business. I started it to write. To have a plot  of virtual real estate for my poems, stories and essays that I'm too proud to share with the people closest to me. Because somehow, it is harder for me to show the entirety of who I am to the most important people in my life. 

As to the why, I have no answer. Perhaps it's self-preservation. Perhaps it's to protect them. There can be a lot of dark corners in my mind. Questions that might not sit well with the common beliefs each one of them clings to. 

Reality is not the same for everyone. 

Think of a child born in the comforts of a western home, and then think about a child born to the deafening noise of war somewhere in the middle east. Think of a child born in the tropics, where flooding is a yearly occurrence. And then think of a child born in the dry lands of Africa, where mud is potable water.

So is this reality about myself that I share in this blog.

True, the ebb of dark corners comes and goes. Like the tide, there are moments when it's just silly thoughts. I think sometimes, they might be too silly to share with people I know. They can be way too far out of character, they might think I've gone off the rails.  

This part is for strangers. Because they can't ask me why I wrote the words. 

They can't hurt me if they find faults in what I wrote. 

This is a space for me to be free.

So this is to apologize to my blog for trying to hide its true self and substituting it with commercial words.  

If you don´t know where you are going, any road can take you there.  —Lewis Carroll

This will be my space for myself again, where I will write anything that inspires me, anything that comes to mind. A place to free my thoughts. 

Because lately, it has become too crowded in here.

Too many ideas, too much new knowledge. I don't even have any idea what to do with them. Because in the end, I still just know enough to know that I don't know enough.

↞⇼↠

P.S. I'm still deliberating on a new domain name for this blog, the one I just ditched didn't really fit its original purpose.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Become A Thiller Writer

Wallace Learns to Swim