Empty Vessel



My heart burst out
for want of words
to express the malady
that surrounds my
existence. The aura
of false flesh
surrounds me. Like
a cloak that cannot
be lifted. For dust
has settled and will
not be dissuaded.
From engulfing my
cobwebbed thoughts
and crumbling intellect.
Wisdom will cry out
but will not be heard.
For the doors have been
closed and the keys
swallowed by the eyes.
My mouth will cry
but the meaning
has been plugged in
the ears. I have no more
intellect. It's river
drowned in self-pity.
Doubts have clotted
the blood of knowledge.
My fingers are numbed
from scratching words.
But the words have
deserted me. And
this vessel
is empty.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Become A Thiller Writer

Why I Ditched My Purchased Domain Name and Returned to Free Blogger

Wallace Learns to Swim